Once you are done picking out the perfect tile and your dream bathtub, it’s time to deal with one of the other major parts of the room—your bathroom vanity! How can you choose the perfect bathroom vanity for your new space? Follow these easy tips!
Measure Your Space
First things first, you need to know what you’re working with. Do a thorough measuring of your bathroom to see what amount of space you currently have. If you have an existing vanity that you want to replace, it can be helpful to measure that as a starting point. If you already have some counter space and want to double it, double the measurement of the counter space and then see what that would look like in the bathroom space you have. Make sure that you know the overall width, height, and depth of the bathroom vanity that you can purchase.
How Can You Mount Your Bathroom Vanity?
Depending on the bathroom vanity you want and the space available, you have a few different mounting options available to you:
- Free standing vanities are the most common type and they can be placed just about anywhere. They typically resemble a chest or buffet and they provide a lot of storage, as well as a place to hide any unattractive plumbing.
- Wall-mounted vanities can hang or float on the wall, which can be a beautiful option for a modern bathroom. They offer the illusion of more space as you can see the floor underneath the vanity.
- Corner-mounted vanities are the best space saving options. They use up space otherwise neglected in the bathroom (the corner) and are designed to tuck into small spaces.
What Type of Sink Do You Want?
The sink options available to you might depend on what type of vanity you choose, but the three most common styles are:
- Undermount sinks are installed underneath the counter of the bathroom vanity to keep the counter clean.
- Self-rimming sinks are placed directly in a hole on the countertop of your bathroom vanity and they drop down to form the bowl.
- Vessel sinks are a popular more modern type of sink. They look like a bowl sitting on top of your counter instead of a traditional sink.
Ready for A Remodel?
Whether you’re looking for a remodel or an update, talk to one of our experts at Elite Kitchens about building your dream timeless bathroom. With our excellent designers, installation process, and quality craftsmen, it’ll be the best investment you’ve made in your home. Contact us online, by calling 301-881-2776, or email us for a free estimate and assessment of your needs. All of our work is backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We look forward to meeting your remodeling needs for years to come! To see examples of our work and get more tips, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Houzz, and Pinterest.